Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Thanks for a simple, sweet note....

I ran the Swiffer Duster around before I started this post... you're welcome.

It's been quite some time since I last posted here.... my life has been a little crazy lately, to say the least.

Thanks to my sweet friend, old neighbor, and fellow blogger, Brittany, I decided it was time to get back to what helped me unwind after a busy week; blogging. Also, these cute hair ties put a smile on my face; thanks again Britt!


With that being said; let me explain my absence from the blog world....

1) Politics
The dictionary has the following definition for this word: 1.the science or art of political government. 2. the practice or profession of conducting political affairs. 
What they really meant to say was: 1. something you should never bring up with family, friends, or co-workers. 2. something that will eventually take over all aspects of your life and free time.
 

After attending The Young Democrats of America national convention in August, the "2" definition became 110% true. My life outside of work has become nothing but politics. Being the Vice Chair of the Midland County Democratic Party has been absolutely wonderful; I have met so many fantastic people and really become involved within our community. The things I learn on a daily basis from each person I encounter because of this position is amazing and I wouldn't change it for anything. From September to November, I volunteered for local county races; which was a great experience. In the middle of November, I was asked by a local county official and active Democrat to be his campaign manager..... at first, I was hesitant because this was something totally new for me.... how could someone ask me of all people to do this job? After thinking about it, and talking to other fellow volunteers, I decided to take the "job". Talk about WORK. Geeze! Although I'm absolutely loving being a campaign manager, I'm ready for a weekend to myself, on the couch, with my dogs. Our race ends March 4th.....

2) Family
As many of you know, I'm an only child, of an only child; which means family gatherings have always been small :) My sweet grandmother has been extremely ill for the past few months... so with what little time I have between work and politics, I've been spending my time with my family; I'm sure y'all understand this one.

3) Life in general.
Literally. This is the first time since November I've sat down, by myself, and just sat. It feels.... like I'm forgetting to do something, honestly. I'm sure it will come to me at 2AM.

Thanks for sticking around and reading this till the end, and thanks to Brittany for the sweet note; I definitely needed this.

See y'all soon; promise.

1 comment:

Brittany Fullwood said...

Leah, So happy to see that you're back! So proud of your political work, and I'm hoping your sweet Grandmother continues to improve. Love you!! Candy

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com