Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

First Post

Hello!
Thanks for stoping by to read my first post!
I've been reading other blogs like Fun With the Fullwoods and Keeping Up with the Cyperts and they inspired me to make my own! You should definately check them out if you haven't yet. Talk about some good reads!

Anyway, Will and I have been married for a year now... I can't believe it! And we've been in our house for almost 2 years, but have yet to really make it "home". My mother in law, Deborah, is bringing 2 of Will's sisters and grandfather to see us on Sunday, which means I've been in panic mode! Between cleaning, cleaning, decorating, and more cleaning, this week has been hectic.

I work with a wonderful woman named Tricia, who has the most decorated house I've ever seen! Everytime I walk in to her home, I think to myself "Oh my goodness, I wish this was my house!". It's so "home-y" and welcoming, I just love it. So once I found out that we had company coming, I knew who to go to to help me decorate..... We went to multiple stores yesterday, and I'm going to hit a few more today... but for now, here's a few "before" pictures of our house, pre-Tricia :)

Here's a view from the front door of our living room 

Here's a view from our dining room into the living room
I wonder what I was watching on TV?

Lastly, here's a view of our dining room from our hallway

I'll post more pictures once we're finished decorating... I'm so excited! Some of you may be wondering, "why is she decorating for her in-laws if she's lived there for almost 2 years?" Well, truth be told, this will be the first time my in-laws have seen our house! EEK! I've got 1 more day to pull everything together before they show up...

I'll be sure to post plenty pictures of our updates, and the wonderful recipies I'm making for our family dinner.

Thanks again for stopping by!
Klik hier voor meer gratis plaatjesKlik hier voor meer gratis plaatjes

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I can't figure out how to follow you :(. Wanted to be your first follower. I LOVE your layout! So cute...especially the little poodles.

Your house is looking great! Those tables in the living room are beautiful. Can't wait til you share some recipes!

Brittany said...

Finally figured it out! Told you I was technologically challenged.

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Brittany,
So glad you figured it out! I added it to the left hand side as well, hopefully it'll be easier for people to find! :)

Thanks! We're working hard, hopefully it'll be done tomorrow.

Whitney Cypert said...

Leah!! I'm so glad I have another friend who is going to blog!! Sorry it took me next to forever to follow you and comment, we have been moving this past 2 weeks and it has been a pain in the butt. I love your layout and poodles! SO cute!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com