Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday, already?

Weekends for the Payne family tend to go by way too fast.
This past weekend, Will decided that we need to go to Sweetwater, which is unusual because it's normally me that makes him go to Sweetwater...... Oh well! :) My mother enjoyed it no matter who made the decision to go home.

Friday was family night.
My mother, father, Will, and I went out on the town :) Sweetwater recently got a new place.. which doesn't happen, ever! It's called Aroma's on Oak Street, next to SPAC. From what I've heard, they have wonderful coffee. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so I can't confirm this. They have a really neat atmosphere, and seating outside! Seems to be a nice place to hang out for sure.

 Dad and I at Pmom's house
Mom and I at Pmom's house
 
Saturday came, and it was off to Abilene we went! Layla and Romi accompanied me, and we had a blast. Layla finally got an iPhone, hopefully she'll stop complaining now! ;)
If you're a Thai food lover, like myself, you've got to try Bangkok Thai in Abilene. Absolutely the best Thai food in West Texas! I stick to my usual, as does Layla.... but my mother is much more adventurous than us and says that everything is good. I stick to Satay Chicken, Spring Rolls, and Chicken Fried Rice. Wonderful, just wonderful! Don't worry Diet, I haven't forgotten about you... just figured you needed a day off.

Satay Chicken Peanutbutter Sauce and Cucumber Salad

Spring Roll and Sweet Sauce

 My little Romi had her charm turned up Saturday while we were in Abilene! As if she isn't already the cutest little girl I've ever seen, this face just melts my heart.


I'm the first person to admit, that I'm a mommy's girl.... there's no question about it.
This is the cuteness that my mother and I woke up to Sunday morning while Will went fishing....



 This week, as well as the next, I'll be busy cleaning house and getting ready for Will's 26th birthday party. This is the first time in 3 years that he's been off to celebrate his birthday, so I've got to do it big!
What do you do to get ready for an adult party and what are some good ideas?
Can't wait to see what you have to say.

Happy Monday! :)
 

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad y'all had a great weekend! I haven't heard of Aromas...will definitely have to check it out next time we're in Sweetater.

I wish I had some ideas for you for Will's birthday...I don't think I've ever planned an "adult bday party" before. I say just make sure there's lots of good food and a few close friends and he should love it!

Whitney Cypert said...

Well...I'm a little late on the birthday party thing, but I think you had it handled pretty well! I'm jealous y'all can take trips to Sweetwater, I wish it were easier for us. I'll definitely have to checkout Aroma's, Garrett is a coffee addict! And who would've thought, a new place in Sweetwater?? The pictures of you and your mom and dad are adorable!

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Thanks! :) That's one good thing about living in Midland, we're able to go home when we want... for the most part. I can't imagine how you do it, my mother would lose her mind if she couldn't see me almost every other weekend!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com