Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend "getaway"


Tuesday already? :(

This past weekend Will and I went to the Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma University game...... even though Texas Tech lost, we had a great time! It was Will's first Texas Tech game, which he said is much different from all the Aggie games he's gone to. We had awesome seats, 50 yard line, row 15! Of course, Will went for the game, I went for the band :)

We arrived in Lubbock late Friday night, thanks to Haleigh Foust for watching our girls. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Marsha Sharp Fwy, which was very nice and clean! Will told me that he use to be able to stay in any hotel, but since meeting me, he can only stay in nice hotels! Maybe he'll grasp my "camping is considered anything less than a 3 star hotel" concept too?! Doubtful.

Will and I stay at Holiday Inn Express' when we travel if at all possible, and have earned a ton of reward points. When we arrived, they gave us a small goody bag and a Priority Club welcome letter signed by the manager of the hotel; How nice :)

Come Saturday, it was game time! We found out that it was the "Black Out" game, so we were off to find black shirts to wear! We of course went to the mall, got our shirts and maybe a few more things, then headed to the food court. While trying to decide where to eat, I saw Jimmy Zimmerman! I haven't seen him in about a year, so good to see him! Got the chance to catch up with him at lunch, then headed off to the game.

We all know that Texas Tech got an ass whooping, so we won't even get into that....... either way we had a great time! Here's some pictures from the game :)

Warming up, we got to the game about an hour early

School song time!

Wish the guy in front of me had sat down, or not been so tall! hahaha

Loving the panoramic option on my iPhone!


Did you watch any football this past weekend? Luckily, this was the only game I had to watch!

Hopefuly, I'll have more to blog about next time... have a great week y'all!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

You guys look so cute all decked out in your Tech gear!! Glad y'all had such a good time. I reeeeally wish I had an iPhone just for that whole panoramic business...that's such a cool feature. Loving your Tech headband too :)

Whitney Cypert said...

Love the panoramic picture! What iPhone do you have to have to get that? I don't think mine has it : (. Looks like y'all had a fun weekend! Garrett and I spend all Sunday watching football. Literally, I don't move from the couch all day, we love it! Glad y'all had such a fun weekend! : )

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Thanks Brittany! They make A&M ones as well! Too stinkin cute :) You don't have an iPhone?! What kind of phone do you have?

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

I have the iPhone 4S with the new operating system/upgrade. Love it! Thinking about the iPhone 5..... which one do you have?

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com