Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

October, finally!

It's finally October!

This is my favorite month, by far. So many great things to celebrate!
My grandmother turns 89 today, I'll be 23 on the 23rd, and it's Halloween!!!!
Can it get any better? Didn't think so.

This past weekend, I went home to celebrate my mother's and grandmother's birthdays. Mom's was September 24th and Pmom's is October 1st, exactly 1 week apart. Friday night, I killed my mom and Pmom in a game of Mexican Dominos, as usual, and just hung out with the family. My mom and I went to Layla's after to have some quality YouTube time. :)

Saturday morning, we had a "fashion show" at Nolan Nursing Home. They had about 8-9 dogs dress up in costumes and parade around some of the residents. Such a fun time, everyone was so cute! Little did we know, it was a contest! Cayley and Luna won first place (I almost cried, I know...) and they were so happy! :) The residents made us a precious dog blanket, and gave us a huge basket filled with dog treats, grooming supplies, and a gift card!


Saturday afternoon, Kailee Hall was sweet enough to babysit Romi and Jake for us, so Layla could go to Abilene with mom and I! :) YAY!!! Romi and Jake had such a good time with her, they just loved her! We went to Abilene, which of course meant we had Thai food... yummmmmm. Ran around, shopped, shopped some more, ya know, normal girl stuff.

I came home Sunday, turned on my iPod, and went straight to decorating. Halloween is my favorite holiday, it's just so much fun! Here's a few pictures of what I accomplished.

I'm on a mission to find my wreath hanger :(

Buffet decor, just love lighted garland!

These guys are on each side of our TV

Not even my fridge is safe! :)

And of course, I have to post my "weekly" Christmas ornament. I thought this was fitting for October, don't you?

Hope everyone has a great week! Sorry for the long, picture filled post.... I get a little excited about Halloween!

7 comments:

Kit Womble Photography said...

The poodley doodles are too cute, but you know that already. :-) I love the decorations!

Whitney Cypert said...

I am so excited that your babies won the little contest! I would've been so proud! And how nice that you got a little goody basket! I need to amp up my collection of Halloween decor, I have one spider web with orange lights on it that I got last year and that's it! lol

Brittany said...

Your new layout is so cute and festive :). I LOVE what you did on your buffet...will you come decorate and my house please? Your decorations all look amazing!

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Thanks! :) They had a great time, next time you see em, they'll be in their Halloween costumes!

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Orange lights?! :) I love to decorate for Halloween..... We have a huge window in the front of our house, I've been wanting to put a lighted spider web with a spider on it but I can't find one big enough :(

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Thanks Brittany! I love decorating for the holidays.... I'm horrible at everyday decor, unless Halloween/Christmas is acceptable as everyday decor? ;)

Unknown said...

I'm such a creeper, I read all the posts but haven't commented at all!! You know I love everything!! :D

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com