Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Making Our House A Home

Evening, y'all!

I've been trying hard to make myself stop working on time, shut my doors, and be "home"... it'll take time, but I'm getting better!

I wanted to give you an update on our new home in Fort Worth. First off, we absolutely love it! I'm so glad that Will and I decided on this house; it's perfect for us. However, going from a 2 bedroom, 1 office, 1,100 sqft house to a 4 bedroom, 1 office, 2,600 sqft house isn't as easy as I expected. My walls are so bare!!

We're expecting our first house guests next month!!! The Texas Democratic State Convention is in Dallas this year, so some of my friends and fellow Midland Democratic Delegates are coming to stay with us. I'm so excited, I can't even describe it. I've missed them so much, it'll be so wonderful to have them here.

This past weekend, Will and I decided it was time to make our house a home, which means it was time to buy furniture. We bought most of our guest bedroom furniture and are currently working on decorating. One of our guest rooms will be a British theme, one will be a Country Chic theme, and one will be... well I don't know yet. :) 2 out of 3 is pretty darn good for me!

One problem we've had at our new house is cell service. AT&T and Verizon don't pick up signal in our neighborhood... weird, right? So we've really had to rely on our wireless internet to play on our phones and text. This is a big problem for people who come to visit..... how will I let them know the wifi password? How will they know which wifi to connect to? Well, while playing around on Pinterest, I found the perfect printable for our guestrooms!
 

How perfect is this?!

So, I decided to get some decorative paper and fun frames to make them stand out, while blending in with the room decor.


I renamed our guest wifi to a version of the hashtag I use on social media for house posts.

Feel free to use this printable  - it's so much fun!

Have a wonderful night, y'all!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

OMG, I LOVE these!! Such a great idea, Leah! I can't wait to see final pictures of your new home. What I've seen looks gorgeous!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com