Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 weeks past.... A week to go!

Hello :)

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.... The Payne famdam have been busy busy lately!
3 weekends ago (sheesh!), Will and I decided that we were going to redo our backyard.
We started off with a 3 hour trip to Lowes, which was so fun..... I know you can hear the excitement through my words. After finally buying half of the garden center and about a 1/4th of the lumber department, we were off to start our makeover! Will called a few friends (thanks again guys!) to come over and help while I went to the store to buy beer and snacks. 5 more trips to Lowes later, we were finally done!

We expanded out back patio by adding stepping stones, which gave us a place to put the grill. We also replaced and painted the patio posts, and built a small bar! I went to target and got some solar lights to place around the new stepping stones. Got a great deal on all of the lights, 50% off! One happy wife, for sure!


2 weekends ago, we threw a small party for Will! He turned 26, but the real reason to celebrate was the fact that this was his first birthday off from work in almost 4 years! So glad we got to celebrate it, finally! I cooked some ribs (thanks Stephen :) ) and pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon... sooo good that I didn't even get a chance to take pictures of them! Darn! But I did get the chance to snap a few pictures of my green beans wrapped in bacon. They're so easy to fix, and always a hit at get-togethers! All you do is take fresh, uncooked green beans, wrap them in bacon, smack em on the grill with foil underneath and bam! :) So easy and soooo good!
 I also ordered personalized koozies as "thanks for coming" gifts, figured they'd fit the occasion. Along with the koozies, I also made small Crown/Jack Daniels and Coke bags! Just a small something to grab on your way out, incase you weren't done drinking :)


This past weekend, Romi, Layla, and Jake came to visit us! I just love when they get to come, too bad Stephen couldn't make it.... although I don't think he would have had as much fun as we did.... Will's been on call this past week and hasn't been home all weekend! :(

Friday night, we took the kids to see Finding Nemo, 3D! I think Layla and I were more excited than the kids were! :) It was their first movie in a movie theater, as well as their first 3D movie! They did really good, I was surprised!

Saturday, we took the kids to Lubbock to do a little shopping for Romi's first year in school. I know we're a little late, but better late than never, right? We had such a good time in Lubbock, can't wait to go back! The only downfall was that not only was it a home game, but we later found out that it was also "Parent's Weekend"......... so of course everything was PACKED! We went to the mall, got tons of stuff for Romi and Jake, I just love spoiling them..... Sorry Layla! :)
After the mall, we took the kids to the Science Spectrum, and boy did they have a blast!


Sorry for such the long wait on an update, September has been crazy for the Payne family!
What are you doing to prepare for fall? It's coming soon, thank goodness. Will you be decorating for Halloween or going straight to pumpkins and turkeys?
Halloween is slowly making it's way into the Payne living room from the garage..... I'm sure Will is going to be thrilled when he gets home.

Going to have to end this post with my favorite picture of the weekend... enjoy!
(Sorry Stephen and Layla)
 
Happy Sunday, have a great week!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You guys have been BUSY!! I love the patio...so cool that y'all built a bar. That will be awesome for entertaining! And Will's party turned out amazing, Leah...you did so good! I especially love the drink station...I want one of those!

Leah @ Life as a Payne said...

Thanks Brittany! Will is really proud of his bar, although it's not finished yet. I got the beverage dispenser from Tuesday Morning, love that place!

Whitney Cypert said...

Wow...I have alot to catch up on on your blog! I added you to the side of my blog, "My Favorite Reads" so I will never miss another post! : ) Y'all have been busy! Being very productive, the back yard looks good! And you did a great job with Will's bday! Personal koozies AND Jack and Coke? Those are great party favors!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com