Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Getting Involved......

Evening friends!

Hope y'all have had a good week; I think Monday has hit me in the face more than once this week.

I try hard to not get political on here, but I am so excited about what I've experienced the past week, I just have to share!

Back in January, Will and I were watching television together, when I noticed an unusual commercial come across the screen. It said "Come help us celebrate! Midland County Democrats"; I looked at Will and squealed "OMG WILL THERE ARE OTHERS!!!!!! I HAVE TO GO!!!!!". Now, for most of you, you may think what on earth is she so excited about..... Midland, TX is known as the "Oil & Gas Capital" and "Home of George Bush"..... so Democrats are hard to come by around here, atleast I thought!

That night, I met so many wonderful people. People who are so involved, passionate, and excited about what they do. I just loved it!

Last Thursday, I met with the League of Woman Voters of Midland County and met another group of wonderful people. Tonight, I met with the Midland County Democratic Party and got so excited about getting involved. I've kept to myself the past 2 years of being in Midland, but decided it's time to get out, get to know people, and get involved.

Please don't hold what I'm about to post against me, but I can't keep it in.


It's time, Texas.

Happy weekend friends!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Oh Leah, I am SO grateful to have a fellow West Texas Democrat friend :). And I think it's awesome you went out and met some other Midland Democrats- glad to know y'all aren't the only ones....in the land of George Dubya (barf). So many people our age are uneducated on political matters and I think it's crutial that we try and make a difference. You're doing just that!

p.s. My Mom, silly Candy, tried to write on here (that she was proud of you for this) but it I wrote the comment...weird!...so she erased it. But she wanted me to tell you that as your fellow teacher and friend, she is SO proud of you for taking action!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com